Due to the fast and ever changing COVID-19 situation, confirming the status of Iberia Parish cancellations and closures is an evolving process. In accordance with the recent CDC recommendations, the Iberia Parish welcome center will be closed to the public until further notice. Staff will be working remotely, indefinitely from March 17. See the bottom of this page for current closures and other resources.
There is a self-service information kiosk located on the left of the front entrance, which includes a parish visitor guide with map and listings, as well as other visitor information.
How to Contact Us:
Call (337) 365-1540, which will be answered remotely, e-mail us or send us a direct message on Facebook. The best location to view whether or not an event is ongoing is our event calendar. We are also posting updates on our Facebook page. Please refer to your local government website for up to date CDC resources and procedures.
During this time we hope you will have patience with us, as we attempt to keep everyone informed. Iberia Parish is an area of small businesses who will be greatly affected by the current situation, so please be aware they do not make decisions lightly. Iberia Travel is hard at work, and optimistically focusing on recovery. Our long-term goal is to make the transition back into normal life as seamless as possible for summer leisure travel.
Please continuously check the resources section below for updates from other agencies.
During this social distancing time we recommend you explore our outdoors. There is no better place to escape the chaos for a little while than nature, and Iberia Parish is very blessed to have an abundance of it. Please remember to take care of yourself, both physically and mentally. Iberia Travel will still be here when the world resumes.
Wash and sanitize your hands, and be kind to one another.
-Iberia Travel staff
Current Attraction Closures:
- Iberia Parish Welcome Center (Evaluating weekly).
- Avery Island - Tabasco Factory & Museum, Jungle Gardens, Country Store & Restaurant 1868 (Evaluating weekly)
- Bayou Teche Museum
- Jeanerette Museum
- Jefferson Island Rip Van Winkle Gardens
- Conrad Rice Mill Tour
Our Parks are open:
- Cypremort Point State Park - except for buildings, overnight facilities, playgrounds and water playgrounds.
- Lake Fausse Pointe State Park - except for buildings, overnight facilities, playgrounds and water playgrounds.
- New Iberia City Park
- Iberia Parish Parks - except for public buildings, outdoor restrooms and playgrounds
- Spanish Lake
- Bayou Teche Paddle Trail
- Rip's Rookery at Jefferson Island Rip Van Winkle Gardens
Restaurants Offering Curbside Pickup/To Go Ordering (Check businesses Facebook for operating hours):
- A Spot for Tea
- A-Bears Kountry Kitchen
- Anointed Soul Food
- Billeaud's Too
- Bon Creole
- Caribbean Ice Co.
- Cool Scene
- Duffy's Diner
- El Paso Mexican Grill
- Kim's Chinese Food
- Konriko Company Store
- La Pizza Mia
- Landry's Seafood & Steakhouse of New Iberia
- Landry's Seafood & Steakhouse of Jeanerette
- Paradise Pizza
- Pelicans on the Bayou
- Pho Ly Ly
- R&M's Boiling Point
- Seafood Connection
- Seafood Connection #2
- Teche Cafe
- Tiger Inn
- Tropical Smoothie Cafe
Public Health Information
- Centers for Disease Control
- Iberia Parish Government
- Lafayette Parish Government
- Louisiana Department of Health
- State of Louisiana Updates
- World Health Organization
- Federal Stimulus Small Business and Non Profit Support
- FEMA Emergency Declaration
- Greater Iberia Chamber of Commerce
- Louisiana Art Field Impact Survey
- Louisiana Economic Development Resources for Impacted Businesses
- Louisiana Main Street Small Business Resources
- Louisiana Workforce Commission Business Impact Survey
- Louisiana Workforce Commission Unemployment Insurance Information
- One Acadiana Business Recovery Resources
- Paycheck Protection Program - Iberia Industrial Development Foundation
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- U.S. Small Business Association (SBA) Guidance and Loan Resources
Travel Industry Resources
- Cruise Lines International Association
- Destinations International
- Federal Aviation Administration
- Homeland Security Travel Restrictions
- Louisiana Travel Association
- Meetings Mean Business Coalition
- US Travel Association